AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive (Vocational Preparation) is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to achieve units of competency that will enhance their employment prospects in the Automotive or Automotive related industries.
Duration: 2 to 3 years depending on year level when started
Units of Study:
- Carry out industry research
- Apply safe work practices
- Participate in basic Vehicle Servicing
- Use and maintain measuring equipment
- Dismantle and assemble transmission manual conventional
- Remove and replace wheel and tyre assemblies
- Use and maintain workplace tools & equipment
- Remove and replace engine cylinder head
- Dismantle and assemble carburetor
- Dismantle and assemble engine, four-stroke multi cylinder
- Dismantle and assemble fuel pump
- Remove and replace radiator
- Remove and replace Clutch Assembly
- Remove and replace suspension, front springs
- Operate electrical test equipment
- Recharge batteries
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Students who receive a VCE VET Units 3 & 4 sequence for Automotive will be eligible for an increment towards their ATAR (10 per cent of the lowest study score of the primary four studies). This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.