SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport & Recreation provides students with the opportunity to acquire and develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to work in the areas of community, sport and outdoor recreation. Leadership, organisational and specialist activity skills will be developed through the units of competency undertaken in Units 1 to 4 of the selected program.
Duration: 2 years
Units of Study:
Units 1 & 2
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Apply first aid
- Operate application software packages
- Provide customer service
- Respond to emergency situations
- Follow occupational health and safety policies
- Demonstrate bushwalking skills in a controlled environment
- Demonstrate navigational skills in a controlled environment
- Demonstrate simple canoeing skills
Units 3 & 4
- Conduct basic warm-up and cool-down programs
- Plan and conduct sport and recreation sessions
- Facilitate groups
- Analyse participation patterns
- Provide public education on the use of resources
- Undertake risk analysis of activities
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Scored assessment is available for SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation.
Students wishing to receive an ATAR contribution for VCE VET Sport and Recreation must undertake scored assessment. This consists of three coursework tasks, worth 66 per cent of the overall study score, and an end-of-year examination which is worth 34 per cent of the overall study score.
Structured Workplace Learning:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.