22209VIC Certificate II in Engineering Studies aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to achieve units of competence that will enhance their employment prospects in a broad range of Engineering Industries; and enable participants to gain a recognised credential and make a more informed choice of vocational and career paths.
Duration: 2 years
Units of Study:
- Apply principles of OH&S in the work environment
- Organise and Communicate information
- Interact with computer technology
- Use hand tools
- Use power tools/hand held operation
- Develop an individual career plan for the engineering Industry
- Perform basic machining processes
- Apply basic fabrication techniques
- Perform Computations
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Produce basic engineering sketches and drawings
- Handle engineering materials
- Apply 5S procedures
- Perform basic welding and thermal cutting processes to fabricate engineering structures
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Scored assessment is available for VCE VET Engineering Studies.
Students wishing to receive an ATAR contribution for VCE VET Engineering Studies must undertake scored assessment. This consists of three coursework tasks, worth 66% of the overall study score, and an end-of-year examination which is worth 34% of the overall study score.
Scored assessment is based on the units 3 and 4 sequence of VCE VET Engineering Studies.
Structured Workplace Learning:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.