22338VIC Certificate II in Building & Construction is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to enhance their employment prospects in the building and construction industry.
Duration: 2 to 3 years depending on year level when started
Units of Study:
- Workplace safety and Industry induction
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- Basic first aid
- Wall framing
- Installation of Window and Door Frames
- External cladding
- Safe handling of plant and power tools
- Building structures
- Calculations for the building industry
- Quality principles for the building industry
- Sub floor framing
- Workplace procedures for environmental sustainability
- Workplace documents and plans
- Introduction to scaffolding
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Students who receive a VCE VET Units 3 & 4 sequence for Building & Construction will be eligible for an increment towards their ATAR (10 per cent of the lowest study score of the primary four studies).
This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.