AUR20720 Certificate II in Automotive (Vocational Preparation)
Certificate II in Automotive Technology Studies is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to achieve units of competency that will enhance their employment prospects in Automotive related industries.
Duration: 2 to 3 years depending on year level when started
Units of Study:
- Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- Follow safe work practices in an automotive workplace
- ldentify automotive mechanical systems and components
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- ldentify automotive electrical systems and components
- lnspect, test and service batteries
- Dismantle and assemble single cylinder four strake petrol engines
- Carry out basic vehicle service operations
- Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- Remove and replace brake assemblies
- Construct and test basic electronic circuits
- Dismantle and assemble multi cylinder four-stroke petrol engines
- Remove and replace wheel and tyre assemblies
- Operate electrical test equipment
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.