ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies provides students with a broad range of skills and knowledge to pursue a career or further training in the animal care and management industry in a range of areas such as: animal control and regulation, animal technology, captive animals, companion animal services, grooming, horse breeding and veterinary nursing.
Duration: 2 Years
Units of Study:
Year One (Units 1 & 2)
- Work in the animal care industry
- Participate in workplace communication
- Complete animal care hygiene routines
- Feed and water animals
- Participate in OHS processes
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Source information for animal care needs
- Carry out daily clinic routine
Year Two (Units 3 & 4)
- Assist in the health care of animals
- Provide basic first aid for animals
- Maintain and monitor animal health and well-being
- Provide enrichment for animals
- Perform microscopic examination
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Students who receive a VCE VET Units 3 & 4 sequence for Animal Studies will be eligible for an increment towards their ATAR (10 per cent of the lowest study score of the primary four studies). This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning / On The Job training:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.