ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies
This qualification provides students with a broad range of skills and knowledge to pursue a career or further training in the animal care and management industry in a range of areas such as: animal control and regulation, animal technology, captive animals, companion animal services, grooming, horse breeding and veterinary nursing.
Duration: 2 Years
Units of Study:
- Work in the animal care industry
- Complete animal care hygiene routines
- Feed and water animals
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Participate in workplace health and safety processes
- Apply communication skills
- Assist in health care of animals
- Source and provide information for animal care needs
- Prepare and present information to the public
- Provide basic animal first aid
- Bath, dry and brush domestic dogs
- Provide first aid
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning / On The Job training:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.