AHC20116 Certificate II in Agriculture provides an entry level occupational outcome in agriculture. The qualification enables individuals to select a livestock production or cropping context as a job focus or, in the case of mixed farming enterprises, both.
Duration: 2 years
Units of Study:
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Work effectively in the industry
- Participate in workplace communication
- Maintain properties and structures
- Install, maintain and repair fencing
- Use hand tools
- Undertake propagation activities
- Handle livestock using basic techniques
- Use power tools/hand held operations
- Plant trees and shrubs
- Identify and mark livestock
- Muster and move livestock
- Provide feed for livestock
- Provide basic first aid
- Observe and report on weather
- Apply chemicals under supervision
VCE & ATAR Contribution:
Students who receive a VCE VET Units 3 & 4 sequence for Agriculture qualifications will be eligible for an increment towards their ATAR (10 per cent of the lowest study score of the primary four studies). This subject is not available for VCE scored assessment.
Structured Workplace Learning/On The Job training:
Structured Work placement is strongly recommended.